Monday, January 1, 2018

The Best of 2017


Fall of 2017 went by so quickly as it always does.  We were living in
a bit of a fog following the devastating disaster brought to us by
Hurricane Harvey.  It has taken months for the clean up to be 
finished and many still are waiting for roof repairs or replacement.

Christmas brought some much needed joy to all of us.  I wasn't going
to do much decorating, but once I got started it turned out to be fun and
I just could not seem to know when to stop.  Do you ever feel that way?



David took quite a few days off and I have been enjoying having him
around.  He will be headed back to work tomorrow and I will miss
having uninterrupted time with him.   Bentley has enjoyed his constant
company too.




As you can see, I managed to decorate just about every nook and 
cranny.  Now the thought of packing is up seems daunting, but one 
of my New Year's resolutions is to take one thing at a time and 
not stress over the whole project at once.




My collection of Christmas decorations for the dollhouse has grown.
I have become totally smitten with miniatures, and that's a good thing
because I don't plan on buying any new furniture for my house, so
minis give me a creative decorating outlet.




I am not certain exactly why I feel this way, but I think that 2018 is going to
be a very good year.  I am sure that I feel this way because I have a real
sense of direction.  I will be revealing more of that in the coming days, and
am excited about the future.


My wish for you is for good health, much happiness and love, and 
all the good things life has to offer.

Happy New Year!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





10 comments:

  1. I am so glad your hubby was able to take some time off and spend the holidays with you! Looking forward to see what you are up to in the new year. Blessings to you and Happy New Year. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! It was fun having him home and Bentley loved it so much too!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to 2018 along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I with you! Let's make it the best year possible!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love your decorating style so much. Everything looks great.

    Happy New Year!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your hubby was home for a few days so you could enjoy some time together over the holidays. Can't wait to see what you are up to in 2018. Love your new header for Valentines Day. So cute.
    Happy New Year.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to 2018 posts !!! The cupboard / hutch is absolutely gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...