Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wow Americans Are Fat!


Food in our country is plentiful ~ too plentiful.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention,
35.7% of adults and 16.9% of children age 2 to 19 are obese.
Not just pudgy, but obese!  This leads to increases in heart disease,
stroke and type 2 diabetes.  All killers.  It's not just about looking
great.






source

The highest rate of obesity is in Mississippi at 34.9%.  Okay, we
can blame it on all the hot humid weather that makes everyone just want to sit
in front of a fan.  Or perhaps it's all the wonderful southern cooking.  But
what excuse does Idaho have?  I live in nature's playground.  Hiking,
skiing, mountain climbing galore, yet 27% of our residents are obese!




What's the solution to this crisis?  It's not for a lack of dieting books.
I picked up a few from our local library's numerous diet books.




There is a diet for every need.  For those who want to
look hot.




For those who are philosophical.




For those who want to be hot AND move to Miami.




And for those who just want to be cool.
What's the solution?  Stick with me and that's what we will explore,
because wow ~ our nation is fat, and that's NOT a good thing!


Joining ~
Wow Us Wednesday

Bentley ~ maybe I should help you write a diet book.  You could
tell everyone how you stay fit by chasing cats and squirrels!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley







8 comments:

  1. Okay...I'm in and all ears...
    Let's get rollin,
    Bootcamp awaits!
    xo, Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Kathy! We are going to talk about diet, exercise, skin and hair care. I am writing to producers of products I like to see if they will send product for giveaways. I want to help others be the best they can be! Glad you are in with me!!
      Susan

      Delete
  2. READY, SET, GO~! I am all for this. I think our Countries (U.S. and Canada) use tooooo many boxed foods, fast foods and basically junk. There are too many children sitting in front of the computer (oooops ~ what am I doing now?) for too long during the day. My mother used to say "Go outside and blow the stink off of you, turn off the T.V.) That's why today, I walk, garden, and by the way scrubbing the floor on your hands and knees is one heck of a work out. You go girl ~ you have me geared right up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes -- I'm afraid I'm a little "too" American myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To much processed foods ! Fast food chains and junk treats ! To many video gamers just couch sitting even playing the Nintendo Wii that was once all a rave isn't enough exercise .
    I take my Miggy for a walk every day for an hour and am always outside doing something and moving around and eat fairly healthy and yet I am considered over weight ! I am short with a stocky build just my genetics . Your charts there in the states are different then ours as are your sizes of cloths , we Canadians find American sizes to small either that or we are the over weight ones . I find that Canadians put on weight to ready for our cold winters like a bear does and most hibernate as one, to that is also the problem ! I find the younger generation here is lazier then our generation to many things are handed to them and they don't feel the need to work for it either ! This is just how I feel about it all ! I was raised on a hobby farm and was out side from sun up to sun down playing and working at chores , to this day I love the out doors through every season and love to get out there and enjoy it all . Great topic though !

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the statistic is really alarming, and I try to feed my family fresh foods as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obesity is a terrible problem in my state. Too much inactivity among our children and although, food is plentiful access to nutritious food isn't always there. education is definitely key. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...